Help To Buy
With the Help to Buy equity loan, you could buy a beautiful David Wilson home with just a 5% deposit. Here, we explain how the scheme works, use our Help to Buy calculator to see just how far a 5% deposit could stretch.
The right time to buy new
What is Help to Buy?
Help to Buy provides an equity loan from the Government that could enable you to buy a brand-new David Wilson home.
- You only need a 5% deposit.
- It’s an interest-free equity loan for up to 20% of the value of your property.
- You may only need to secure a 75% mortgage
Does my new home qualify?
The scheme is available exclusively on new-build homes worth up to:
- £600,000 in England
- £300,000 in Wales
- £200,000 in Scotland
The scheme works slightly differently throughout the UK. View our location-specific pages to find out how Help to Buy works where you are. This page provides information about Help to Buy in England.
How does it work?
- You only need a 5% deposit for your new home
- The Government provides a ‘Help to Buy Equity Loan” for up to 20% of the value of the property
- This loan is interest free for 5 years and can be repaid at any time within 25 years or on the sale of your home
- You then need to secure up to a 75% mortgage
- Competitive mortgage rates are available, and we can introduce you to a (potentially fee-free) New Home Mortgage Adviser who’ll search the market to find you a great deal.
Help to Buy Calculator
Estimate your monthly mortgage repayments in 4 simple steps and find available properties.
Select your Help to Buy UK regionEngland Scotland Wales London
Move the selector until the correct value is displayed
Results With Help to Buy
5% Help to Buy Equity Loan: £ ????????
5% Mortgage Value: £ ????????
Monthly Repayment £ ?????? p/m
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE. This calculator is provided for guidance only; David Wilson Homes does not offer mortgage advice. Subject to full affordability checks, you may qualify for a higher equity loan amount from the government. You should take advice from a suitably qualified adviser before agreeing to a mortgage.
Who is eligible?
Help to Buy is available to both first time buyers AND existing homeowners.
However, there are a few important conditions:
- the home you buy must be your only residence
- the scheme isn’t available to buy-to-let investors or those who will own any other property after they complete.
Call us on 0330 057 2222 and we can introduce you to a New Homes Mortgage Adviser, who will tell you if you qualify for the scheme.